Monday, July 28, 2008

Gardening

I am growing my very own - very first garden (mostly weed patch) this summer! I don't have a mower, trimmer, tiller... all I have is a garden hoe and my own to arms - and they don't work so well. And it's been so HOTT! I have successfully produced green beans, peas, onions and raddishes. After that - it's not lookin so good. My corn is tassling and I have a few ears - so I am hopeful there.

My best producer has to be the green beans! I have been eating them like crazy and still have a bunch - so I pickled a batch. Again my first ever canning experience. I was too wrapped up in not screwing up to get pictures - but I think I could attempt a second batch! Look to get a jar of Erin's Spicy Pickled Green Beans for Christmas (hey, I am warning you ahead of time)! I did taste test my first batch this weekend - need to lay off the red peppers. Other than that - it worked!





No comments:

Post a Comment